Thursday, December 20, 2007

USCIS Memphis and Lei

I fed-ex'd our homestudy a second time on December 6th and Confirmed it was received on the 7th. Memphis USCIS did say that they will honor the original receipt date of November 16th so we shall see. If they take the maximum time they say it may take we may not have the I-171H until January 16th which seems like forever to me. We have all of Lei's docs back from being authenticated by the Sec of State's offices except my birth cert. which goes to California which is scary in and of itself lol. California charges 20.00 to authenticate one document. Thank goodness we live in TN where it cost 2.00 per doc !!! :-) Gotta love the Southeast.

The closer we get to the end of the paperchase the more I feel like this was meant to be and that Lei really is our son. I think we have all completely bonded to the few pictures we have of him. Now we are just preparing ourselves for the upcoming travel and all the trials and tribulations that will most likely follow. I'm currently reading a very good book called "Our Own", parenting the older adopted child". So far it seems like a very good reference and gives many scenarios as to what to expect when adopting an older child. I know this will be a comfort to have once Lei is home too.

No comments: