Thursday, December 06, 2007

A Blue Christmas Without You

It's amazing how fast time flies when you are paperchasing and trying to keep up with a 2 and 4 year old ! That may be why I'm finally posting at almost 3am lol. I just wanted to catch up briefly and share the events of the past couple days. First of all, we are in the final stages of our paperchase now and it's getting hairy to say the least. Yesterday I was sitting in the County Clerks office in downtown Chattanooga waiting to have all our dossier docs certified and all of the sudden I hear the song "It'll be a Blue Christmas without You". Wow, I was like, hmmmmm, this song couldn't have come at a worse time ;-). I thought I was going to burst into tears right there ! Now that we are almost DTC, suddenly I have this overwhelming need to have our son home. It has been so very different having a little face in our minds to think about constantly. Up until the past week though, I personally have just tried not to think too much about him and hyperfocus on the paperchase. But now that we are almost done, all I can seem to think about is him and what it will be like when he is with us. Well, while I was thinking about Lei yesterday, I decided that since our homestudy had gone to USCIS on November 16th and our social worker had not put a cover letter on our homestudy stating that we were adopting a "Waiting Child", that I would just email them (Memphis USCIS) to make sure they knew that Lei was waiting on them so that he could come home. So I emailed Memphis yesterday morning and when I returned from getting our docs authenticated in Chattanooga, I come home to an email that says they can't find our homestudy !!!! I was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Of course then I was just so thankful that I had emailed them only two weeks after they received it instead of waiting weeks only to find out they never had it. Long story short is that we are fed-exing another homestudy to them tomorrow and I am hoping that since they LOST our first one, that they will expedite the processing of our I-171H.

Ok, I must sleep now !!! There is so much more to post and catch up on which I promise to very soon.

No comments: