Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Sisterly Love

I must tell you that we actually bought the blankie a couple days ago and Audrey was very positive about her mei mei and obsessed with carrying around her pictures and sleeping with them until today. Apparently, I made the mistake of stressing the fact to Audrey that Mei Mei was REAL and that she was coming to live with us and sleep in the crib in Audrey's room. Well, I can only say that "indignant" would be a good word to describe her reaction to this news. Audrey has now informed me that she doesn't need a sister and Rachel doesn't need to sleep in the crib in her room. But, as it is with most nearly 3 year olds, she was only indignant for a short while and then seemed to just forget about it. Until we were at Target today and I just had to buy a few bottles. Audrey immediately insisted that she must have a bottle too. So, I did what other moms advised which was I bought her one and let her have it. She sucked on it with some milk in it tonight for approximately 10 minutes and then left it and never touched it again ;-) I figure it is best to let her get this kind of thing out of her system before Rachel arrives lol.

1 comment:

glo said...

You are a very smart lady. Good for you and your daughter and new one to be.