Sunday, August 10, 2008

First Slide Show with New pics of Lei and the girls



I put this slideshow together last night using pics from our first days home until now. I used a song that another adoptive mom used recently to make a slide show of a large number of adoptive families children which I loved. I just could not resist using this song because it was perfect for our situation. I will say though that Lei loved his "big family" (what the orphanage director called his nannies and other children). He was obviously given alot of love and good care there so I doubt he will ever regret the time he spent there. He was not your "typical orphanage child" because his orphanage was in no way typical. Although the conditions were not great (ie, building and furnishing), he was definitely treated like a member of a big family verses an orphan which is why he has handled his transition to us so well once home. He was taken on lots of field trips and even playdates at a beautiful city park which we visited while with him and the director.

No comments: