Friday, February 01, 2008

I 171H finally received last week !!!

After nearly 9 weeks of waiting, we finally received our I-171H for Liu Lei, soon to be Paul Lei Price Hanna. What is really sad is that after 9 weeks of waiting, they didn't fill out the I-171H correctly. They forgot to mark that he is a special needs child. Fortunately our agency told us to go ahead and use the original I-171H for authentications and just take the updated I-171H to China with us with the original. So, we are finally about to be DTC. We should receive all of Paul's documents back from the courier in DC by the middle of next week and hopefully be logged in with a February LID. If we are logged in February, we are guessing we will travel late June or early July. This paperchase by far has been the worst of all 3 of our adoptions. I'm sure some of this is due to the fact that we know our son is waiting .
The girls are doing great and they are looking forward to having a big brother. The girls will be staying with Nai Nai and Papa while we travel so this will be our first trip to China with just Alex and I. We are looking forward to the trip even knowing it may be really rough with Paul's initial adjustment. We also know that we will miss the girls terribly. Niether of them has ever spent a night away from us since they were adopted....

No comments: